- Register or Login
- BMT Software
- Satellite & Hindcast Data
- Contact Us
- Using the Web Site
- Review of Available Wave Data Sources
- The NMIMET Method of Analysis
- Wind Statistics
- Scatter Tables (Wave Height and Period)
- Extreme Wave Height Estimation
- Persistence of Storms and Calms
- Reliability and Validation
- Validation of the NMIMET Analysis
- Wave Height Data
- Wave Period Data
- Data Quality Control
- Comparison with 'Ocean Wave Statistics'
- Extreme Wave Height Validation
- Persistence Analysis Validation
- European Database
Validation of the NMIMET Analysis
The reliability of the NMIMET analysis methods for deriving wave statistics from visual observations of waves and winds has been extensively demonstrated by comparisons with measured data on a world-wide basis.
Detailed accounts of the development and validation of the analysis may be found in the references  -  and . However it may be helpful here to present a selection of results indicating the level of reliability achieved by the program in terms of comparisons with instrumental and raw visual data from a number of locations in widely separated areas of the world.